Pregnancy Ticker

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Week 40: Seriously Rob, Mama Said It’s Okay to Come Out Now

So I went to my 41 week appointment today and NOTHINGGGG!! I had major, continuous, uncomfortable Braxton Hicks contractions all weekend so I thought surely, surely I would be somewhat dilated, effaced, softened, something but nope! Apparently Rob plans on staying in there until Christmas. I broke down and cried in the Doctor’s office, I just lost it and I don’t even know why! I think it’s a combination of lack of sleep (I cannot get comfortable at all I’ve been having major insomnia), crazy hormones and being completely frustrated. I am not what one would consider a patient person to begin with so you can imagine my agony as I cross off the days on the calendar awaiting his arrival. This is seriously torture! I have put in my time (almost 41 weeks now) and I want to hold my baby. I have literally tried EVERY natural labor induction method known to man including but not limited to: Evening Primrose Oil capsules, Red Raspberry Leaf tea, bouncing on the birthing ball, walking, walking and MORE walking, reflexology pressure points, pineapple, eggplant, tons of jalapenos, lunges, squats and jumping jacks, swimming, and a few others I won’t mention here … (I refuse to try Castor Oil). So the plan is to wait some more. There’s a full moon tonight but I think it would take more than a miracle for this iron-clad cervix to budge.

Here are a few semi-recent preggo pictures:



1 comment:

  1. Uggg, castor oil. Even the thought of it makes me want to puke. Waiting is so hard but you are doing an awesome job! Looks like he is a mama's boy already by not wanting to leave. =) On a bright note, your pictures look like he has dropped!

    ReplyDelete